Plans, leads, and implements camp programs for children. Provides high-quality educational and recreational opportunities and enjoyable experiences for camp participants. Supervises campers and ensures their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
Recreation Youth Sports Volunteer Coach
Coach of youth recreation athletes in the Greater Hazelwood Youth Sports and Mentoring Organization. As a volunteer coach, you are treated by local, state and federal law as an unpaid employee of the City of Pittsburgh; therefore, you must conduct yourself in the same manner as you would your own job. Be a role model for young athletes assigned to your team by demonstrating good sportsmanship, fair play, good citizenship and full participation.
- Actively coach at games and practices
- Teach the fundamentals of the sport
- Encourage the parents’ involvement in practicing with their child(ren) at home
- Act as a communications liaison between Recreation Department and team parents Provide a safe and fun environment for the children
- Learn and follow all league rules, policies and procedures
- Put player safety above all else
- Put the feelings of the players ahead of your desire to win
- Attend all meetings, trainings, team practices and games as scheduled by the Recreation Department
- Adhere to the Parents Code of Conduct, Coach’s Ethics and Code of Conduct
- Successfully complete the application procedure and agree to and pass a background check.
- Complete all online and in person trainings.
- Agree and adhere to Coach’s Code of Ethics and this job description
- Current CPR/First Aid Certified – Adult & Child
- Attend any scheduled coaching interviews and meetings
- Be enthusiastic
- Not wanting to win at all cost but putting focus on skill building and teamwork
- Must be patient, especially with children
- Be organized. Organization is critical to you and your athletes’ success!
- Be dependable and on time to all scheduled practices and games.
Cobras Football and After School Program
We are always looking for volunteers, team moms, and fundraising help!
We need volunteers to help:
- Set up and clean up before and after
- To help with the youths homework and participate in structured activities
- To help serve food and snacks
- To engage and monitor the youth while at play
- To be a caring ear and mentor to those in need
Food donations for concessions are greatly appreciated!
See what we need »
For more info, and to discuss the donation of your time, supplies or food, contact:
Program Manager, Greater Hazelwood Youth Sports and Mentoring Organization